Support projects with the goal of increasing brand recognition and attracting additional donor partners to the program.
- Conduct research on potential donors, strategic partners, markets and industries by utilizing tools such as Chamber of Commerce website, MN Grantmakers online, Minnesota Council of Foundations and general search engines
- Assist in preparation for donor and prospective donor meetings
- Update eTapestry database with new contacts and activities
- Assist in drafting introductory letters and send to foundations with a history of giving to higher education causes
- Prepare eTapestry reports on staff activities and giving
- Assist in editing of grant proposals, and gathering documents required for submission
- Assist with annual fund campaign in October and November
- 25th Anniversary event planning
- Research corporations and businesses who have funds allocated for event sponsorships
- Assist in submitting sponsorship requests
- Identify potential silent auction items
- Assist in preparing for 25th Anniversary Committee meetings
- Other duties assigned
Who should apply and what skills are needed?
- Juniors and seniors studying in the areas of social science (ex. sociology, education, psychology), nonprofit management, communications, marketing, English, organizational development, or related disciplines
- Experience/interest in volunteering and service along with working in a nonprofit setting
- Team player, detail-oriented, interested in learning, open to feedback, creative, and most importantly, hard-working
- Strong writing skills preferred
- Event planning experience preferred
- Strong research skills preferred
- 10-15 hours/week
- June – August
To apply: Email a cover letter and your resume to: Stela Center, Director of Development at Stela.Center@wallinpartners.org as soon as possible.