Graduates of Genesys Works are invited to apply for the Think IT Scholar program in partnership with Wallin Education Partners.
The Think IT Scholar program application and recommendation letter is due on February 28, 2018.
Benefits of Being Selected:
- Up to $4,000/year for two years in financial aid to cover cost of attendance (the following school years: 2018-2019 and 2019-2020).
- Access to professional academic advisor through Wallin Education Partners to help with navigating academic and professional goals.
- Connection to a Think IT Mentor.
- Participation in Wallin Education Partners scholar services which includes access to online tools and resources with special events and information centered on career preparedness, financial literacy, and community engagement.
- Be enrolled full-time pursuing a bachelor’s degree at a public or private not-for-profit college or university in MN, IA, WI, SD, or ND or HBCU.
- Meet with your Wallin Education Partners Advisor at least once quarterly.
- Submit regular updates to Wallin Education Partners and maintain good communication with your advisor, mentor, and our office.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA (minimum).
- Genesys Works Program Alumni who are not currently a Wallin Education Partners Scholar.
- First year or sophomore college students who are currently enrolled full-time and pursuing a bachelor’s degree at a public or private not-for-profit college or university in MN, IA, WI, SD, or ND or HBCU (please note: students who are currently enrolled at a community college, but plan to transfer to a 4-year college for fall 2018 are eligible to apply).
- Alums who demonstrate a significant financial need with a family income of $75,000 or less.
- Alums with a college GPA of 2.0 or higher (please note: if selected, scholars will need to maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher to continue in the program).
- Alums who have an interest in pursuing a degree/profession in IT/IT-related industries (this is preferred, but not required).
View the 2018 Think IT Application System Guide before you begin.
Apply to the Wallin Education Partners Scholarship Program
(A selection for this scholarship opportunity will be available in the application system)